About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Conversations with a Two Year Old....

I absolutely adore my just turned two year old grandson Brody. I adore ALL of our grandies...but I am so blessed to keep him two days a week while his mommy and daddy work.

For about six months or so, we have been having a friendly "argument" about chickens and ducks. He insists that every time he sees a chicken it's really a duck. We have chicken things all over the house so we do "get into it" quite often.

I'll say, "Hey, Brody, what's that?"
Brody will say, "A duck!"
I'll say, "NO it's a chicken."
He'll say, "A DUCK!"
I'll say, "IT'S A CHICKEN...." and on and on it will go....

Finally, a week or so ago, we were walking out to the car and went past a chicken lawn ornament.
I said, "Hey, Brody, what's that?"
He thought for a few seconds and then said, "It's a CHICKEN!"
I was sooo shocked and I scooped him up and we danced a little jig in the front yard and I said, "Yay! Brody said it's a chicken! Yay!!! It's a chicken!"

I put him back down and we started back to the car.

We took a few steps and he looked up at me, smiled and said....

"IT'S A DUCK!!"

2 comments: