About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Updates!

We are humbled and excited that we feel that our Heavenly Father has set us out on the "adoption road" once again. We have been accepted by our adoption agency to start the process to adopt "Haoren"...an adorable little girl from China. Now our information needs to be sent to China to have them accept us. Then we can be "matched" with our little Asian Angel and then just get all of our dossier ready to be sent to China. Of course, there is a lot of fundraising to get done as well!

I have felt that I needed to do something to help fund this adoption and I have prayed about this. God has opened the door just a "crack" and I have become a Lia Sophia Adviser. (Lia Sophia sells jewelry.) I don't expect to become rich but if I can help with some of the costs of her adoption, then I will be happy!

I have also been making jelly and I've sold some already! I've made nearly $60! I know that's not a lot but it does help pay for some services we need to adopt again.

On another note, we spent a wonderful weekend in Chicago this weekend! We dropped daughter Jennie off at the airport for her to fly off to England until January. Yes, JANUARY! So that means I will be without my little girl for the holidays. But on the brighter side, JENNIE will spend the holidays with the young man she loves and his family! Isn't that awesome? Imagine spending Christmas in England! She is also planning to make the family a Thanksgiving Feast since they don't have Thanksgiving in England. Hmmmm....I wonder how that will turn out!! Haha....She's a cutie!!

That's about all that's going on around here. The leaves are falling and it's so pretty here in central Indiana!
Blessings to you!
Beth

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    I am still around, just don't comment as often as I used to but your news pops up in my feed and what fantastic news that you will be adopting a little girl from China. China is very dear to us - we have been involved in ministry to Chinese students over here for the past year. We often have Chinese young people over for lunch or dinner. Our daughter has been learning Mandarin and gets to practice speaking but it is such a complex language to master. My daughter is in Canada at the moment but will be home in a couple of weeks time. She stayed with a blogger friend of mine for a few days. Pray all goes well and runs smooth with your adoption. Will you have to travel to China? Do you follow the ministry of Show Hope and their orphanage in China set up by Steven Curtis Chapman and Mary Beth Chapman? Wonderfully, encouraging adoption stories on their website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you!! YES we have heard of ShoHope....and I intend to apply for some help getting our little Asian Angel home to us! The Chapmans are pretty incredible! He was just here this last week and I missed his concert! Oh well!! I hope all is going well for you! Yes, we will need to travel to China to get her. That is positive and negative at the same time. It is very expensive to go there, but to see her in her home country will be awesome!! Blessings! Beth

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you've been able to sell some jelly. Do you sell at your local farmer's market? I love shopping at mine. Too bad you're not closer; I would buy from you! :-) I want to hear all about Jennie's trip to England. I hope you write about it. And when is she getting married? I'm dying to hear a good romance story! :-)

    ReplyDelete