About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

WOW...it's been a while since I posted, hasn't it? The holidays have been kinda crazy here, as it has been in most places.

WE'RE STILL WAITING ABOUT THE BLUE HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm NOT a patient person but I am learning through this house thing and our adoption of our little girl in Africa, that God has His hand on everything we do. It's not easy, though, and as a human, I WANT WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT IT!! But then we don't value things as much as we do when we have YEARNED for them as we do. (As I yearn for a little girl to love and nurture...)

Christmas was pretty wonderful at our house...ALL our children and young grandchildren were at our house...so yeah, it was pretty full! I got a CRICKET!! (No, not one of those pesky summer insects that seem to invade our Indiana summers...) It's one of those really cool scrapbook thingies that cuts and prints words and other really neat stuff....
Ok...I admit it. It isn't even out of the box yet....BUT I REALLY LOVE IT!! I'm trying to organize my scrapbook stuff FIRST before I can reward myself with my new "toy" from my dear hubby!

We really tried to center our celebration MUCH MORE on Christ this year. We made a "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake and had the two older grandkids blow out the candles after we sang happy birthday. It was soooo cute!

We're planning to spend a VERY quiet New Years Eve at home...most of the kids are spending the night with other relatives so it will just be a few of us at home! Kinda nice, doncha think?

Yawn. It's getting very late and my contacts are getting fuzzy.
We literally had 13,900 emails in our inbox. Isn't that amazing???? I've spent hours tonight going through them and getting rid of email junk. Whew. I'm TIRED!! That's alot of hard work....just sittin' there, ya know??

Well, hopefully things will get back to normal around here soon and I can get on the computer a little more often. I miss reading my favorite blogs!
Blessings to you all! Happy New Year!!
Beth

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Beth!
    Glad you explained what a cricket was - to me it is a game my kids like to play in the backyard with a bat and ball - very popular in Australia and England - thought at first you were saying you received a cricket set!
    Well they say good things come to those that wait, so maybe 2011 will be the year you find your home or it finds you. Whatever happens it is all in God's hands and His ways are always perfect.... perfect for you too. He knows exactly what is best for us. We can trust Him with every aspect of our lives, isn't that just the neatest thing? He cares about the details!
    Today it is sweltering - our summer has arrived and all my children are swimming in the pool!
    Blessings to you
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have a grandson expected in late January. I hope 2011 is the year you get your heart's desire and that the way is smooth. I so admire those who obey the call to take care of the orphans. I can sense you will love and cherish this little one as you teach her of Jesus and His great love for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! That cricket sounds like fun; I hope you get to enjoy it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, I am glad you and your family had a great Christmas. We did, too. I pray that the desires of your heart come true this year.
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete