About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Home....home at last!!

We had MOSTLY a good time on our little "vacation" to Florida. We stopped in Nashville and visited a dear friend, Joe, and he took us out to eat for Christmas. But first we went to the Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's estate.) It was really pretty! Becca loved taking pictures and we actually picked some cotton and brought some home to grandson Dylan. The next day, it was off to Florida. The weather was warm...pretty foggy near the water in Pensacola one day...but the next day it was WONDERFUL! The day we decided to climb the lighthouse...all 177 steps...it was soooo foggy that we couldn't really see the water! On New Years Day, we went to the beach and to the fort in Pensacola. We had a great time with three of the cutest nieces that there are! (I got to spend time with an adorable 5 year old who kinda likes her Aunt Beth!)

On our way home, we had some car troubles in Tennessee. We had pulled off the interstate to change drivers and the car refused to start. After a few hours and a new battery, we were back on the road!

I am NOT a city person, but the lights of Indianapolis never looked better when we finally got closer to our house. I stayed up that night and talked to Jennie, who didn't go with us. I was SOOO impressed that she had kept the house so neat and clean! Not too bad for an 18 year old! She is rethinking her desire to have pets in the house when she eventually moves away. She is learning that ham trimmings is NOT good for an elderly dog and two cats. I understand there was quite a mess......I'm glad I wasn't home.....But it was so hard to go away and leave her alone here. She did spend quite a bit of time with her big sister, though! I am so glad that I can completely trust her. (She spent some time watching movies...."Shrek 3" was in the DVD player!!...... OOOHHHH Really bad girl, huh??)

We are still pondering some adoption possibilities. My heart goes out to these little children who need homes. I sometimes become too emotionally involved before I let my head think things through. We are currently seeking God's will and plan for our lives and for a child in need.
Sometimes it is just so difficult to truly know if it is God...or is it me...who is saying "move ahead." Sometimes it just seems like we could provide a good environment for a child who needs us. But is this the right time....and child?

We are praying and right now I have yet another little precious child's picture on the front of our refrigerator....reminding me/us to pray! Could you also say a prayer for guidance for us?

Love and Blessings,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment