About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nasty Old Economy!!!!

Oh dear...we got our appraisal back for our house and it was really really bad! I'm not sure what we are going to do...not much we CAN do about it, I suppose. In this current economy, we seem to have lost $100,000 at least on the value of our home. We had intended to sell it and pay a small modest home off (or close to it) and now we aren't certain of what we can do. We still need to stay in a certain area due to my babysitting the grandkids and the location of our jobs. There are sweet little homes in the counties surrounding Indianapolis that are affordable but the distance might be too great especially for our children who depend on me to take care of our precious grandchildren.
I'm sure that God will provide but it is certainly upsetting. We have been praying for God's leading and directing our lives. We are pretty certain that we aren't supposed to stay here since our house payment and expenses will SOON be more than we can afford.

I usually have this little "plan" in mind of HOW He is going to work in us and through us and MY plan just doesn't seem to be working out! Didn't GOD get MY memo??? I really don't mean that to sound disrespectful or irreverent but isn't that how WE sometimes think? I mean, I have everything all planned out and then HE doesn't do what I want HIM to do! Oh dear, I think I'm a Diva......

God provided for Elijah by having ravens feed him and then by the widow woman feeding him! Our wonderful God provided for the widow woman by her obedience to God in taking care of Elijah!!

I am sure He will provide just the right thing for us and we will be sooo grateful for His provision for us. He loves us and we are His children!

Part of my "plan" includes adopting from foster care or foreign adoption. I was hoping that we would have enough money from our current home that could help us adopt from Ethiopia or somewhere. That doesn't seem to be happening. Roger is thinking more about adopting from foster care in the United States. I honestly don't care where but I think that there are some issues in adopting from Foster Care that intimidate me a bit. I guess that's where faith comes in.
I'm also concerned about the SIZE of house that we can afford. I was hoping to be able to find a house that would have enough bedrooms to ALLOW us to adopt. We currently have an extra bedroom all ready.....

I was thinking about the failure of our lot purchase and the little house we were going to have moved not working out. I told Roger that perhaps there were issues with that house that would have been unhealthy for us, such as asbestos or mold. Maybe God was protecting us from it.
Roger simply answered that it doesn't matter...it wasn't God's plan and that we should be able to accept that. RATS....I hate it when he is so much better than me....!!!!! hahahaha. (I am so grateful to have a husband like him! ...and he's cute, too....)

So, that's what's been going on, another chapter in our saga of our house.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely a trying time to be sure. So sorry about the loss on your property. That must really sting. Not to mention how it worries me concerning the economy. Hadn't realized housing was that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a disappointing appraisal when we lived in Iowa. I actually cried in the banker's office (so embarrassing). Six months later, God revealed part of His plan, and we actually THANKED Him for that appraisal. Just keep trusting, but what I try to remember myself is to keep trusting with a good attitude so that I don't have to look back after God has done His thing and be ashamed.

    I feel for you, Beth! I know what that feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my experience these disappointments most often lead to better than we could imagine things.

    I pray that is the case for you.

    Be creative in your thinking. Don't be too discouraged. God already knows His plan for you.

    Hugs!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete