About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Daughter Jennie with her nephew Baby Brody (above) and her nephew Little Liam (below)


Monday was Becca's first official day at her "one day a week" school. (It isn't technically a "school"- it is a tutelage but it is run just like a school. I think they can't call it a school because of licensing and the days they meet.) She LOVED it! She has been so very busy doing her Latin, Literature, History, Choir, Science, Speech, and her Math. (Math is done at home only...Switched on Schoolhouse...) It is really good for us. She gets out one day a week without her "Mom" and it keeps us on track with her school work. I have been WAY too much fun the last two years...running around, etc. However, as long as she works hard most days, we CAN take a day to take field trips and bake and craft occaisionally! Pretty cool! She gets all her assignments (except math) from them. I also have all the answers online so I can grade them. She can also start earning high school credits this year while in 8th grade. I'm not quite sure how that works yet. I have to investigate it! Sounds really good though, right? It would be really neat if she could graduate a semester early and then do something else (Mission trip, volunteering, etc.) before she starts college. I'm sure she would prefer to do something with dogs. Can she be a missionary to dogs?? I have SUCH high aspirations for my children.....yeah.......


Last week her school polo shirts arrived and she felt "official!" Then her Latin kit and her Science and history books arrived and she felt a bit overloaded!


I've been busy taking care of little grandy kids, cleaning house and baking. Roger is going on a men's retreat Thursday through Saturday and he has requested that I bake the men LOTS of cookies. I think he wants to be popular....hehe! By the way, if the recipe CALLS for shortening, don't decide that margarine will be better. When making chocolate chip cookies, if the chocolate chips are taller than the actual cookie, you know you have done something wrong. Not that that ever happens to me...
I made more this morning. With Crisco.


I worked on cleaning the "baby" room yesterday and I have sorted through lots and lots of toys that are not really necessary to a child's happiness so I have so many to put in a garage sale...if that ever happens! I would love to earn enough money at the garage sale to help with Christmas this year!~


That's about all that is happening right now at our house!


However, last night Roger and I had a date! (I figured that if he could go on a men's retreat on a HOUSEBOAT in Kentucky for several days, he can take me on a date! RIGHT?) We had a nice time with candlelight and the whole thing. Italian, of course. It was delicious!


Sunday was Grandparents' Day and we (Roger, Beth, Jennie, Becca and Gideon) went out with my Mom and Dad. Dad's birthday was Friday so we celebrated his birthday as well. THEN we went to my son and daughter in law's house...mommy and daddy to Dylan and Brody...aka WONDERBOYS! They were joined by WONDERGIRL Seraphina and equally wonderful....WONDERINFANT Liam. They were....WONDERFUL!


Oh, their parents were there, too. (Yeah, they were wonderful, too.)


It was a delightful day made especially delightful since we are seldom together all at one time. Actually, daughter Marci and her boyfriend/sidekick couldn't be there due to work schedules but all the rest were there!


It was hysterical watching Roger and almost everyone else trying to get 4 little kids to smile for the camera (or at least LOOK at the camera) at the same time. They all looked like rodeo clowns trying to get their attention. THAT would have been the picture to take!! Good Grief! I can't figure out how to get those pictures on here today...I guess I will have to wait until Jennie gets home later. All I could find was pictures I took of her and the baby boys! But they are pretty cute pictures so it's ok!
By the way, it looks like the brick ranch house with a full finished basement on 1.23 acres sold the day we decided to go ahead with it. Sigh. Oh well. I guess God has something else planned and one of these days we'll be grateful. (I'm not sure I feel terribly grateful right this minute. Isn't that awful??? I think I am just disappointed and I hate this feeling of not knowing what we're doing. Oh dear, there's that "TRUST" word again.)
Have a lovely day...lots to do and little Seraphina will be here in about an hour! She will want her grammy to play with her. Rats....what an awful job I have!! HEHEHEHE!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. The 'school' sounds amazing and it sounds like this is going to work well for you and your daughter. My daughter is going on her first missions trip in December. I know she will benefit from this but I also know her dreams revolve around baking for others - she has just finished her first cake decorating course. Her picture was even in the local paper - looks so funny, this young girl surrounded by older mums and grandmas! If she does set up her own little business out of home it will bring her into contact with people so maybe your daughter could be a 'missionary to dogs' or rather their owners if she ends up working or volunteering in a vets clinic or walking/grooming dogs for people. There are so many of those type of businesses here as every second Australian seems to own a dog!
    Loved reading about how Roger wants to be popular by taking lots of cookies to his camp. My husband works in a small car yard. He sometimes takes cakes made by my daughter into work. His boss brings in produce from his garden for our family - bags of oranges at the moment. I think its great when guys think to bless their friends (or mates as we call them here!)
    Lovely to hear all your news and I'm sure God must have somewhere very special for your future home which will more than make up for the disappointments thus far. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to hear that Jennie is excited about school this year. I know you'll find ways to keep the fun in the year too.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Jennie likes her new "school" and that you had such a WONDERFUL time with your grandy kids. Sorry about your house. That's not a fun feeling, I know.

    ReplyDelete