About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Birthday Season at a Close....finally......

Another busy weekend here at our house! Roger's "Birthday Season" continued through Sunday. His actual birthday was Oct. 7 but we celebrated all week! We went to a 4 star downtown Indianapolis on Oct. 5th and 6th. By the way, if you have never used Priceline or one of those kind of discount online places, it is really worth the effort! We have used this numerous times and usually get a $200 hotel room for $50 to $65 a night!
It was nice although we like our own cozy bed much better! We went shopping at Circle Center Mall and then went to a large antique mall for the rest of the day.
Sunday we had all the kids over for Roger's birthday! It was really wonderful!

Friday and Saturday I spent at work...and at the Emergency Room. I was pushing a wheelchair into a client's room when I slipped on some "Febreeze" another worker had sprayed. The "fall out" from the spray had made the floor very slippery and I fell on my right knee and then back on my left elbow. I spent the next few hours getting Xrays! Nothing broken but a lot of pain. The doctor said I sprayed my knee and my elbow. My knee is painful but not as bad as my elbow. However, I am VERY glad I didn't actually break anything! Today I go to "Associate Health" to be examined since it happened "on the job" and they determine when I go back to work.

We're continuing to fill out the lengthy adoption papers and to try to get our paperwork in order. When I go to Associate Health today, I'm going to get some shots that I am behind in and I will need before I go to Africa! (I'm ALMOST as afraid of shots as I am of FLYING!!!!) I won't travel for a year or so but there's no need in waiting to get shots, anyway! (Yuck...I could probably find a LOT of reasons NOT to get the shots now but since my arm is hurting anyway, I might as well get the shots now, right? I tend to get really sore with Tetanus shots....)

So that's about all that's happening in our house right now. Tomorrow I hope to post a "how to" on inexpensive and easy pumpkin decorations for your house...
Blessings to you!
Beth

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your fall.

    I hope you are feeling pain-free very soon.

    Tetanus shots always make me very sore too. I had to have one when I was pregnant with Mikey after I fell on our driveway and removed a lot of skin.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's sad. I'm glad you didn't break anything, but ouch!

    And I am still getting through my head that you're REALLY in the process of adoption. HOW WONDERFUL IS THAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete