About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Friday, June 10, 2011

We have a pretty big weekend planned with just Roger, myself and Roger's son Gideon. We are going camping and the teenage girlies prefer to stay in the air conditioning at their dad's place. Imagine THAT!!!! They decided that they don't like mosquitoes and other insects. (I don't blame them!)
We have almost completely finished with our homestudy toward adopting from Lesotho, Africa!! They are waiting for some forms to be sent to them and then the social worker will forward the homestudy to our adoption agency! I can't wait! "Baby Grace", as I call her, is ALWAYS on my mind! (Always in my heart!!)
I'm trying to quickly blog a little to let some of my online friends know that we are still alive and fairly well and dear hubby Roger is loading up some bicycles in the van to take camping with us! We are still kind of living in two houses...the computer is in the original house and most of our necessities are in the small ranch house....which I LOVE, by the way!!!! So I don't get to blog much since I don't really have access to our computer very often!

I've lost ALMOST 20 pounds in 1 month!!!! I don't think I have ever lost that much in a month before but then I have never had this much to lose before!! I'm just really cutting back on breads and sweets and eating basically about half as much as I was. (Which was quite a LOT!!)

All the kids are doing well, finished up with the school year and 3 out of 4 are starting on NEXT year already! Marci is doing college online and a few classes on campus and Jennie and Becca are working for next year's high school credits. Becca is homeschooling and Jennie is doing some senior classes so that she can attend classes for a Nursing Assistant Certificate her Senior year. So everyone seems pretty busy!

Roger has to have surgery on Thursday so if you think about it, keep him in your prayers. It will be outpatient, so it should not be terribly serious!

Blessings to you all! Beth

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,

    I'll be praying for Roger's upcoming surgery. Outpatient or inpatient they are still a pain.

    Congrats on the weight loss. I've gained this month...sigh....

    As for the camping? I would opt for the a/c. That's just the way I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! I have been thinking about you and yours. I will keep Roger in my thoughts and prayers for his surgery. I will be so happy when you get your little girl. Congratulations on your weight loss--that is great! I wish I had the will power and was able to walk enough to get some pounds off. Keep our son and daughter-in-law in your prayers. Their baby-a son- is due the 26th of this month. This is their first baby and we are all so excited. We have three grandchildren but the youngest is 12 1/2. It has been a long time since there was a new baby. I have been busy making a quilt for the baby as a surprise.
    Take care! Love ya! Marie

    ReplyDelete