About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

I can't believe that it has almost been a month since I blogged anything! A lot has gone on here...extremely busy!
I've decided to get a start on my spring gardening....because, you know, it's November and getting started on spring gardening is a priority.....?????? (I know, my dear hubby thinks exactly what YOU'RE thinking...but he puts up with me....)
Anyway, I have come upon a wonderful family that inspired me...it is a set of a Mother and three girls and their name is the West Ladies from Nashville, Tennessee. They have dvds and a website and a blog about their simple way of life and I LOVE it! I've decided to, as I said, get started on my gardening by building raised beds for my garden. Israel and I also went to Conner Prairie (a living history museum of Indiana's pioneer days) and I fell in love with their gardens. So far I have only two beds built that are 4x8. I know I will need more but my dh has gently reminded me that there are other things we need to work on here in the house and garage and mini barn....
IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO MOVE FROM A 3600 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE TO A 1600 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE!!! But I love my little country home with it's funny old knotty pine kitchen and windows that look out on a big woods behind out house! (and where my new little pioneer garden will grow....or where the woodland critters come to dine on my plants....I can just imagine the squirrels and deer whispering to each other "Awwww....how sweet! She's building us a snack bar!!")

I took pictures of the building process but right now, I have misplaced my camera. (Imagine that!!) I hope it didn't get left out there in the back yard when I finished up with the project Monday morning. Did I mention that we have already had snow? It was beautiful but just a word of advice...don't finish building your new pioneer style raised bed very cute garden in a heavy blowing snow while dressed in a denim wrap around skirt. At that point, I'm sure that the woodland creatures STOPPED talking about their snackbar and started talking/snickering about something else. (Or they lost their appetite....)

We've started thinking about Christmas already and I have the majority of our shopping done. I need to start wrapping the gifts soon! I have two snowmen displayed in my tiny living room so far. (Wood ones....)

Since our house is pretty small....part of that 1600 square ft is a 1 car garage that has been finished and is currently housing our two teenage daughters.....the kitchen and living room could not possibly allow the 22 people that just our immediate family (our children, their spouses and children) now make up. So, for this year, we are using our church's fellowship hall. We have decided to move our Thanksgiving celebration to the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We wanted to have our "at home" family help at a homeless shelter...Indianapolis has several....and serve the Thanksgiving meal but they don't need any more help right now. So instead, I think we are going to volunteer at the local nursing home. We may go out to eat afterwards. Israel always prays for the poor and homeless so I thought this would be a good way to "put feet to his prayers."  He's a pretty good little guy!! We have truly been blessed!!

Well....math and reading and the afternoon homeschool classes await so I should say goodbye for now!

Blessings to you all!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment