About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Whew! Long day at work today! Since I fell a few weeks ago, I had been working at a "light" work site...NOT!! That site was really difficult as well and today I went back to my original site with the 4 special needs adults. We made a decision, though...(Roger and I)...that I will not work as many hours as I had been. I usually work 30 hours in two days and it is just exhausting. I am now going to be working "fill in" where I work where and when I want to! Much much easier hours and possibly in not as hard sites as I do now. Probably just 12 hours a week, which with babysitting the grand babies and homeschooling and the regular homemaking duties will be quite enough! ;)

I mailed off a lot of our adoption papers today. I sent our fingerprints to the FBI and also sent things to the State Police, etc. Things are moving along!

I went shopping with one of my clients today and we went...just for fun...to Babies R Us. Oh my goodness, I have gotten so spoiled shopping at Goodwill, Consignment shops and garage sales that I had totally forgotten how much things "in the real world" cost! Our soon to be little girl doesn't need ANYTHING but I just thought it would be fun to look. Goodness! I kept thinking, "I can make that...." or "I saw something like that at Goodwill..." Over $200 for crib bedding???!!!
I'm cheap. (the preferred word is frugal...)

Well, it's been a LONG day and I have to get up at 4:15AM to put in another 15 hour day so I think I had better call it a day!

Little Grace in Africa...I am thinking and dreaming about you.....XOXO!!
Blessings,
Beth

2 comments:

  1. It is so true that things are just ridiculously expensive out there...especially in those specialty stores.

    Glad you are going to cut back your hours. You need to keep your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you get to shorten your work hours! That is wonderful!

    I love the name Grace. It's Liberty's middle. Originally, I wanted to name someone Grace Anne and someone Liberty Joy, but since my last name starts with an S, Grace Anne's initials would spell GAS, and I just couldn't do it. Hence, Liberty Grace! And I love that name so much more than the other two. :-)

    ReplyDelete