About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Do Something Nice

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to just step out and do something nice for someone for no particular reason. I don't mean doing something nice for someone you LOVE, that's easy and should be done regularly! Do something for someone NOT in your life.
I think it puts a smile on your face for a long time...it HAS to be good for you!
It will bring happiness to someone ELSE also.
Several years ago I was at a Christmas concert/drama at the very large church that I belonged to. It was an evening performance and it had snowed. My children and I were late getting out to our van and most of the vehicles left in the parking lot were the performers. I knew that they had been doing the same performance for several weekends and they held down full time jobs. I decided that it would be nice to show some appreciation if I would scrape the snow off their cars after I scraped mine. It didn't take too much effort but it sure made me feel good. I don't know whose cars I cleaned off and those people have no idea that it was me but that doesn't matter. I still feel great when I remember having done that. I guess I would have to say that I was being just as selfish as I was being NICE because it made me feel so good! (I used it as an opportunity to teach my kids about being "NICE." One of them asked me whose cars they were and I said, "I don't know, I just wanted to do something NICE.")
Doing something NICE can be as little as letting someone go in front of you in line at the grocery store, picking up something someone has dropped, holding the door for someone. LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO BE NICE!!! This world can be so mean and hateful...it's wonderful to come across someone who is NICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment