About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Official last school day of the year! Field trip day!!!!

What a beautiful Indiana day! I've been baking cakes for my nephew's graduation party! I have some of them done and am planning to do the rest early this evening.

Today is the last official day for Rebecca's elementary homeschooling days.! Next year will start her in Junior High HOMESCHOOLING! Not much difference, I guess, but it just does seem like a passage of life...no longer an elementary schooler. Kind of sad, kind of proud of who she is becoming! Next year she will have a new classmate. Not exactly a "classmate" I suppose, but a "schoolmate." Her sister Jennie...who will be a sophomore...will also be homeschooled! Praise the Lord! She had been balking at the idea of homeschooling and then she decided that it would be a very good thing for her. She told me that "there are things at school that aren't good influences on me...." and I couldn't agree more!

So, today is going to be a "field trip" day for Rebecca...we're going to Connor Prairie. For those who don't know, it is a living history museum north of Indianapolis. It is just awesome! She will also be able to work on a 4-H project at the same time. She's doing a kind of "do your own thing" exhibit on Pioneer Pastimes. She's made many things for her project but I thought that this would be a good time to see more and learn more! I love how we can use 4H to help round out her school year! Kind of a grand finale in July before school really starts up again in August!

I'll be posting some pictures later of our field trip!

May the Lord richly bless you this day!

Love,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment