About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Friday, May 8, 2009

I had a LOT to say last night when I was trying to sleep...lots of clever, meaningful things!! I kept Roger (my dh) awake with my constant chatter. I wonder where all those interesting (to me...) thoughts went?? Where do our thoughts go, anyway? I have been wondering about that lately...I mean, I am sure that EVERY thought we have ever had lies dormant in our brains somewhere........
Scary, huh?
I do remember thinking about THAT last night...that every thought we have that we allow to set up house in our minds, our souls, is like a seed that we have planted. Sometimes seeds take a long time to actually come up! So is every thought that I have...thoughts that I haven't taken captive (2 Corinthians 10:5) waiting to sprout? Maybe they will wait until I'm old and am not fully aware of what I say...or do... OR maybe they will wait until I am coming out of surgery and am "dopier" than usual...or maybe...and VERY likely, they will speak out when my husband accidentally wakes me up and I am not in the best of moods. I think that if we allow ourselves to mull over unhealthy and ungodly thoughts and feelings, we actually GIVE LIFE to them. They're not doing us any favors...those nasty thoughts and feelings are just waiting to come to life and show themselves to everyone...showing that side of us that we are trying to "die" to...the side of us that we are least proud of....ANYWAY, JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...when I can't sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment