About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm a Hoarder

Yep, I admit it. I'm a hoarder. Has anyone ever seen the show on tv called "Hoarders?" (or something like that...) When I am at work on the weekends, the tv in the living room in the home of the disabled adults is on 24/7. I'm not really sure why. The one guy who is usually IN the living room is deaf and is considered to have profound mental retardation. He's a dear little man and I am loving finding ways for him to communicate with me! I want to take him home with me sometimes! (That was all free...has nothing to do with my topic...) But he doesn't watch tv. But it is ON all the time. So I, who usually has an aversion to tv watching...have begun to watch some tv.
I found the show called Hoarders. It's pretty gross. These people are incredible. They hoard EVERYTHING, trash, rotted food, ANIMALS...
I am not that bad.
However, yesterday I did some shopping in Kohls Department store. Today, I shopped in our closet.
We have three closets in our bedroom. Most of them were completely full when my sweet hubby and I married 2 1/2 years ago. I am NOT the only hoarder in this house.
This afternoon I was searching for a white shirt for my youngest daughter to wear to a costume birthday party on Saturday. Roger said she could wear one of his. So I looked behind the door and LOW AND BEHOLD, there were my missing clothes! My clothes are supposed to be on one side of the closet and my husband is supposed to have the end and the other side of the closet. Evidently, at some point, I have taken over part of his side and didn't remember it. I have been looking for one gray "split skirt" all summer long!
I gasped with excitement when I found the clothes that I have been looking for!
Now that's just awful.
It's pretty bad that I couldn't find the missing clothes because....well, I had HUNG THEM UP!
Don't get me wrong, the rest of the house is NOT that bad! I did put a picture of my favorite room of our house on my blog...it usually looks pretty much like that most of the time..our bathrooms are reasonably clean...our kitchen is almost always clean...but our bedroom is just overly crowded and a mess.
It's not "dirty" (at least I don't think it is...) it's just messy.
I'm gonna have to do something about it. I just don't quite know where to start.
Maybe with an "earth mover"...or at least a big snow shovel.

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I wanted to stop in here and thank you for the very sweet and thoughtful comment you left on my blog... I'd love to "chat" with you some more on the subject, but tragically couldn't find an email. :( My email is tomatosoupcakeblog@gmail.com, if you'd like to send me yours. Have a great weekend, my dear♥

    ReplyDelete