About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked. Psalm 37: 16

I read this verse today and it felt as if it were a word spoken just for me. Not that I consider myself terribly RIGHTEOUS in my own abilities, having only been made righteous by the blood of Jesus Christ, of course! I still do a LOT of things that no one would consider righteous!

We live in a very affluent area where there are "mansions" all over the place and "estates" worth several million dollars just a short distance away. It makes me think about the other verse in the Bible that says for us not to lay up treasures on this earth but to lay up treasures in heaven. I'm not saying that the owners of these homes can't be Christians, of course they can be! But I wonder why we as people think we need these homes? I've never lived in a mansion but I know from personal experience that I am happier with less. (Which is a good thing considering the current state of the economy and our pocketbooks!)

I am so very blessed to have "treasures" in 4 little Grandchildren that I hope someday will join me in Heaven. I was able to spend the day with three of them and I think they are worth more than any other kind of treasure there is, except of course, their parents and the rest of the family!

I wouldn't mind having my house paid for and not to have to worry about bills and such, but since that is not the way it is right now, it allows me to TRUST in God and to be content with less.

I think I am going to do a study of Proverbs 37. It is a VERY good chapter!!

Blessings!
Beth

1 comment: