About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trinket the rotten kitten is playing with the cursor on my computer screen. Right now she is fascinated with my typing the letters on the screen! She is so much fun!

Huck, one of the dogs, recently moved out to live with my husband's adult nephew...He had a difficult time adjusting to us ladies living in the house and decided to mark his territory ...which happened to be our purses, backpacks, beds, whatever he thought should be marked. So,...now he will happily live with his favorite person anyway! Good all the way around...although we do miss the little guy! We are now down to one dog and the kids immediately think that we should get another one...NOT! At least not for a while. Eventually I would like to get a nice dog that we could have trained as a therapy dog. That would go just right with my weekend job working with special needs adults!

I got some really good deals at the Goodwill Store yesterday! I found a signed and dated and dedicated homemade quilted throw in beautiful brown, rust and burgundy colors for just $2.99!! What a deal! It kind of made me sad to think that someone would get rid of something that someone had made just for them just 2 1/2 years ago as a Christmas gift!! But I will love it! I also found another queen size quilt for I think $3.99. I don't see a tag on it but I think it is a manufactured quilt bought in a department store. I still love it and have added it to my quilt collection. We use most of the quilts that I have...a few are for display only. One of these days I hope to get a little farm house or country house and use them as bedspreads on our beds! We do take them camping and on picnics so I'm not terribly finicky about most of them. (especially since I bought many of them at the Goodwill stores!)

My hubby has complained that our colored towels just don't ever seem to smell fresh even when they are washed and dried immediately. I wonder if it has something to do with our well water. Anyway, he has suggested that we get rid of our colored towels and only get white ones that we can bleach each time. We are due to get new towels anyway because they're in bad shape but there are a few that I will keep. Some will go in the dog crate and some will be our "camping" towels. So, anyway, I was able to find nice almost new towels at Goodwill for $1.99 each. They're freshly washed and bleached and folded to be put away!

I have so much to get done today...taking care of two grandchildren, my own children, and cleaning the house! I have lots to pack up from the wedding from the weekend so I'd better get things going! Bathrooms to clean and disinfect...counter tops to clean...dining room table to clean off...we haven't seen the whole top of it for many weeks due to 4H projects and wedding preparations! I'd love to surprise my husband with a MUCH cleaner house tonight when he gets home!

It's a very rainy day here in Indiana but those are the nice kind of days to "piddle" around the house, light a fragrant candle, brew some hot tea and get some cleaning done!

Have a lovely day! Blessing to you all, Beth

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading past posts here and can't believe you can still put two words together coherently. Wow! You have had a very busy summer. How wonderful that your son has a bride that he knows and loves so well.

    Thanks for your kind words on Homeschooling at Hospitality Lane.

    I look forward to reading more here.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to get things extra clean to surprise my husband! Did it work?

    ReplyDelete