About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Christmas presents, Date Night and Swine Flu!!

Today I'm planning to get a lot of things done at home. I have cookies to bake for a special youth event at church going on tonight and my hubby needs me to make....20 dozen cookies for his work!! That's a lot of cookies!! Roger's cookies don't need to be done today!

I have cleaning to do and I would LOVE to be able to sew up a new apron that I have been planning to do. However, with little grandbaby coming over today, the apron might not get done!

I actually wrapped lots of Christmas presents yesterday!! Is that crazy or what? I have been purchasing things through the year and now they're stacked all over our bedroom so I thought I might as well get them wrapped and stacked neatly. I just hope I don't forget what is in the presents! (Just in case, I'm putting a post it note on each on of them. I hope they don't fall off!) I have made use of resale stores and the Goodwill Store and Salvation Army this year. I've been able to buy new items that still have their tags on them! I feel a little guilty about doing that but this year money is pretty tight. I have gone to half price books as well and really did well there.

I have had sick kids today so we may end up going to the doctor.
Jennie and Marci are convinced they have swine flu and have photoshopped their pictures on their facebook page! They both now have snouts. It's hilarious!!! Not really a laughing matter with the flu being so bad but they look pretty funny!
I don't think they really have the swine flu...I think they have a bad cold but we might just go to see Dr. Smith just in case! Little grand daughter is sick as well so it's not like we're contaminating her!

My hubby and I had a date night last night. We went to the "Heartland Film Festival". He was given free tickets so that was nice. Heartland Film Festival is done annually and features independent film makers. We saw a movie called "Like Dandelion Dust" which was adapted from a Karen Kingsbury novel. It was really good and should come out in theatres next year. However, since Karen Kingsbury is a Christian writer, I had hoped that it would have had more emphasis on Christ and Salvation. It was a well done movie but lacked that part of it. I cried a lot in it though.
After our late night movie (we RARELY go to movies because of the lack of moral movies to go see...besides that, the cost is incredible!!!) we went to ... of all places...White Castle. Are there White Castles everywhere?? I don't know if it is just a midwest/Indiana thing or not. If you don't know what they are, they're little hamburgers also nicknamed Belly Bombs and sliders. They're unique in their taste and sometimes you just crave them. I usually only crave them when I'm expecting. I'm NOT expecting. Anyway, it was kind of fun. Roger and I have never been to a White Castle together. It was a cheap and late night place to go. I think the little hamburgers were 67cents each.
Roger was then sick most of the night. Thus the name "Belly Bombs."

Well, housework calls so I'd better get started!
Have a blessed day!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment