About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Cookout Get Together

Don't you just love the sound of "Get Togethers"? Just the very thought it invokes is lovely to me especially when it includes my dear family and precious friends.

I have mentioned many times before that I work two long days on Fridays and Saturdays, allowing me to be blessed by being able to stay home the other five days of the week. Every Saturday for the last six weeks we have had a party to go to! Not exactly my plan to have a party to go to after working 12 hours the day before and 12 hours on that day. (Not to mention the 40 minute drive to work and back...) Well, anyway, it has been really strange to have so many "get togethers" to be invited to. One of my co workers asked me last week if they were really "partying" kinds of parties...I answered a definite NO!!! No drinking, smoking, whatever else goes on at "parties"...

Tonight, my son called my hubby and asked us to go to his house for an impromptu bon fire! It was so nice to see them and visit with our family! I got to get lots of hugs and "holding on my laptime" with my five year old grandboy, Dylan. WHAT A GRAND LITTLE BOY HE IS!!! I adore that little guy!

Tomorrow (Sunday) my hubby and I are planning to go camping! It is downright cold here in Indiana now. I think it was 41 degrees when I left for work this morning....brrrr....I am so glad that we have a little heater in our camper! We are planning to go to "The Covered Bridge Festival" in Western Indiana. We are camping at Turkey Run State Park and then enjoying the festival. People drive from states away just to come to this festival. It is like a big craft fair covering several towns. It has been several years since I've been able to go. Last year we thought we were going and when we got there, we found out that we were a week early!! Haha! It was pretty funny. We wondered where all the traffic was. Sometimes the cars are backed up for MILES! Pretty strange for these little small country towns to have so much traffic and so many people for a few weeks a year!
We are also planning to go to flea markets and garage sales while we are in the area...like we need more stuff, right??????

On a different note...I think I'm trying to get up enough nerve to get my hair cut and permed. It has been years since I've done that. Right now, it is just long and straight. I think I'm ready for a change...but not a drastic one! I think maybe just below my shoulders and layered. My hair is so straight that I need a perm just to give it some body. I'm kind of nervous. I'm into having long hair. I would love to be able to put my hair up in a pretty bun...that way I could keep it long and still make it look pretty. HOWEVER, I have the world's largest ears. Do you remember that song "Do your ears hang long, do they wobble to and fro...can you tie them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow?"...yeah, that's me. So I don't do buns. But I love them. Marci, my 19 year old, has beautiful long red hair and tiny little cute ears to go with it. All my girls have long hair and cute ears. They can all wear their hair up. Not me. I look like Dumbo.

My dear daughter in law just graduated from beauty school and I think I'm going to have her do my hair for me. When I get up the nerve....

I'm so excited about Josh and Anna Duggar's new little baby girl!! If you don't know who they are, they are the son and daughter in law of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of "18 Kids and Counting." I have two shows that I watch each week. One is "Monk" and the other one is "18 Kids and Counting." I am so inspired by that family!!
I love them. I want to be them when I grow up. Except that I'm slightly older than them. I still want to be them.

It's late, I've breathed in too much bonfire smoke, I'm tired and I'm extremely goofy so I need to go to bed.
Blessings to you all! Love, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment