About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yawn!! It's almost time for a quick nap before heading back to church tonight...I'm on the schedule to work in the nursery so I have to be there a bit early.
We actually went out to eat today after church...there were only 4 of us and we ate fairly cheaply at a local pizza place. We hardly ever all go out so it was a nice change of pace!
We talked to the two younger ones about cooperating with each other more and being joyfully obedient. I think that is a foreign concept to most 12 and 13 year olds but I hope to make it more important in their lives! We're also trying to get back to "game night" with the kids. We figured out that it will have to be Monday nights so tomorrow will be a good time to start!

We then went to Walmart!! I haven't been to Walmart since (I think) before Christmas! In fact, the only place I really ever shop at anymore is the Goodwill Store! It was kind of fun and I was able to get a birthday present for Rebecca and some new inexpensive food storage bowls. However, I couldn't find paraffin and I wanted to try out a candy recipe that I copied from the Duggar's book, "Twenty and Counting". I guess I will have to go to a different store! The people at Walmart had me going in THREE different places! Finally, one guy directed me to the FURNITURE department...where I found CANDLES! Not exactly what I was looking for....

We went to Michael's craft store and bought two more birthday presents...I had two 50% off coupons and bought things for Rebecca for $5! I can't wait to give them to her!

THEN, we went to the bookstore where Marci works and picked out a few presents for her to buy with her discounts! All in all, so far, it has been a money saving day! (Of course, if we had just come straight home after morning church, we would have saved MORE!)

By the way, we are almost in "BIRTHDAY MONTH" in our home! Four of my five children have birthdays in March! Three are in the same week and if Becca hadn't been TERRIBLY, life threateningly late, they would have all been in the same week! So it's almost like Christmas here in March...and expensive! I have a few projects to work on...I hope to post them after the birthdays because Little Miss Nosy reads my blog! (Not you, dear Erin...your little sister in law! A.K.A. Becca!!)
We are planning to have a big family birthday party on March 7th right after church with a brunch! (And Roger's famous cake!!) Marci's birthday is the 7th, Jennie's is the 12th, Danny's is the 14th and Rebecca's is the 27th!!
Have a lovely day!
Beth ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment