About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Friday, July 24, 2009

4H fair results!!!

Oh wow! I put in a full day's work today...well, actually just 11 hours instead of the usual 12...and then we went to the 4H fair to check on the kids exhibit.
I'm so very pleased to say that the children did very well. I'm happy that they were rewarded for the very hard work that was done. Sometimes they need encouragement...just like all of us...and that's what happened tonight. So....here's the rundown....

First, Gideon received a Reserve Champion on his woodworking, a blue on his photography, and a blue ribbon on his art painting!
Becca took more projects because she had more time to work on them...
She received a Grand Champion on her "self determined" project which included, for some reason, two champion ribbons and the grand champion ribbon as well as a HUGE trophy!
She got a Reserve Grand champion on her salon picture and it will be entered in the state fair!
She got a Reserve Grand Champion on her "Personality" poster.
She got a Blue Ribbon on her Child Development project, Blue on her photography project, blue on her "Foods" (biscuits), Reserve Grand Champion on her Food Preparation, Blue on her Misc. Crafts (Sock Monkeys! whew!!), and Blue on Scrapbooking!!!!
So now the stress is over and we will pick up all their ribbons and projects later on this week.

PRETTY SOON, BACK TO NORMAL LIFE!....well, that is...as soon as the big wedding is over next Saturday!

I certainly don't want to boast and brag on the kids. It's just that they worked very hard on these projects and I am happy that they did well. I wanted them to know and to realize that their hard work really pays off. So, please forgive me...until next year, when we'll all be stressed out AGAIN! :)

Our church is hosting the fair on Sunday and our pastor will be having a Sunday morning service there. I'm really proud of him. When he was asked to do this service, he said he would do it on one condition...that he didn't have to "hold anything back"...He didn't want to water down the gospel of Christ! So we're praying for a good turnout! Last year, he did the same thing and there were a lot of people that showed up! We're praying for God to work in the hearts of people who don't normally attend church so that they can hear about Salvation!

Well it is getting late and I have to be at work at 7am in the morning. It takes me about 40 minutes to get there so I'd better hit the hay. My hubby is already "sawing logs" as we used to say.

Blessings to you all....Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment