About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

What's been goin' on!!

Wow...what a time of year. I had NO idea just how busy we would be with 4H...and the kids aren't even taking any animals or agriculture! The projects are coming together...as our house is falling apart! Poor Roger came home yesterday after work and cleaned the kitchen and swept the floors. I feel really bad that he had to do that. I don't know where the day goes. It certainly has gotten away from us lately. I don't sit and watch tv or read or whatever and I haven't even blogged much lately. I think that these crazy 4H projects have taken over our world.

Hey...my zucchini plants that the bunnies ate actually have some zucchini on them! Hurray! Also Roger's squash has some....squash! That's exciting because I was sure the rabbits would eat them, too! We have 17 tomato plants!! Crazy amount, huh? There is a reason we have so many. The first four that I bought I thought had died so I bought some more. THEN a good friend had some "volunteer" plants that she gave to me. NONE of the plants died and I am sure that I will be overwhelmed with tomatoes before too long! I actually had planned that my garden not really come into full harvest until after my son's wedding on August 1st. I hope to have more time after that to freeze and can our produce.

My future daughter in law, by the way, is one of the sweetest young ladies that I have ever met and I am so blessed to have her in my life...and in my son's life! They have recently bought a little house and he sleeps there and my almost daughter in law sleeps at my parents' house! I am very proud of them...they have cared for each other since they were just kids and actually kind of started letting it be known when they were freshmen in high school but neither of them were allowed to date at that time. It has been 7 years, I think, since then. God has seen them through some terrible things and made their relationship so strong and godly. She was just 16 when her mother died as a victim of domestic abuse. She is safely home with her heavenly Father but we miss her just the same. The wedding is going to be a difficult day...they chose her mama's birthday to honor her as the day of their wedding.

I'm off to have a luncheon date with my sweet husband and have left Becca to clean up SOME of her 4H mess! Then we have to really clean when I get back! Have a lovely day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment