About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The End is in Sight!!

Becca is basically done with her 4H projects! WooHoo!!! She simply has to bake her biscuits next week and the next day she needs to make her homemade chicken and noodles. I am pretty impressed with what she has been able to accomplish. Of course, to be fair, if she were in public school, I don't think she would have been able to get it all done. Not everything is "perfect" but then again, she is 12. I'm a proud mama.

Little Miss Trinket kitten is absolutely adorable! She has crept into everyone's heart and has won over both dogs and even the evil but beautiful cat, Harmony. We wonder if Trinket is part "Tonkinese"...a breed similar to Siamese but more friendly. She is certainly friendly. Both cats, however, act like dogs. They both greet us at the door when we come home and are often seen just sitting at the door looking outside for us. Maybe Harmony isn't as evil as I say she is...she does seem to love me and Roger. She abides Rebecca and just barely puts up with everyone else...unless she is being fed. She is big and fluffy and gorgeous...but possibly bipolar??

I was able to have a lunch date with my "hunka hunka burning love"...aka my husband today.
Yeah, I know, that's kind of gross but I do love him a lot! We met at Arby's near his office. Today was "buy any size drink and get a regular Roast Beef sandwich free" day. Gotta love that! So that's what we had. We're trying to have less expensive dates these days.

Speaking of dates, one of my all time favorite things to do is to go on a picnic. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! When my children were smaller, we would often grab my Longaberger picnic basket, make up some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and head to the park. That Longaberger basket is the only Longaberger basket that I own that was actually worth the money...sorry to other Longaberger collectors...I do like them but they are no longer in my price range or in my range of desires. I guess I have more important things to worry about buying...like gas and groceries!
That's ok, I just wish I could now sell them for at least what I bought them for 15 years ago or so! If I knew then what I know now, I'd have put that money in a savings account! All except that one Longaberger picnic basket. It is so worn and old now! I still love it and I have certainly gotten the use out of it...after all, I did buy it for half price all those years ago!

I'm planning to take my dh on a romantic picnic one of these days. I tried to last year near his birthday. We were heading to a quaint town on the Indiana side of the Ohio River next to Louisville. We stayed in a bed and breakfast in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Anyway, on the way down there, it was my plan to find a nice place to picnic. I thought I was being frugal in bringing a picnic but it seems like I end up spending MORE money on neat picnic food than if we just went to Burger King or somewhere! So we finally found a nice little park and there was a picnic table in the one shelter house that wasn't occupied. Pretty soon we found out WHY it wasn't occupied. There was something nasty and dead in the trash can just on the other side of the shelter house and it was surrounded by flies! Oh WOW...we made it a hurried lunch.
Another time I tried to have a romantic picnic one Saturday with just my hubby, we had to go to his office first. As it happened, there was a picnic table outside the back door of the office building and THAT'S WHERE WE HAD OUR PICNIC!! Of course, many of you don't know where my husband works. He works for a non profit organization in not the best part of town.
It was kind of funny in a way. I guess it just shows you how the male mind works. I had in mind a lovely shady spot near a pond or lake with ducks floating by. I was picturing a pretty quilt spread on the ground, not a picnic table on gravel next to an office building just off a busy city road. He had in mind: picnic =picnic table=lunch=off to the next scheduled activity!
He just read this over my shoulder and he agrees. He did add, however, that the table was outside the FRONT door not the back and that he did suggest that we go to a nearby city park. However, since they had just had a drive by shooting earlier that week, he thought it would be best to just eat there at his office and forgo any need for firearms...
As it was, we ate a hurried lunch and then made our rounds to the nearby Goodwill Stores...gotta love that man...he sure knows how to treat his lady!!! He really does a good job almost all of the time. We have a lot in common and share a rather strange sense of humor...and the love of a good bargain!
So, that's my silly blog of the day...I must be tired...it's almost midnight.

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me chuckle!! : ) Some times a picnic just isn't ment to be...LOL! I would go on a picnic but I wouldn't have it at my hubby's job, the guys always come out and want to chat with him and by the time they are done chatting lunch is over and no romantic picnic was had...LOL! I wish your daughter good luck with her 4h projects!! have a great day! hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, picnics that were never meant to be. I, too, have several picnic wishes that Jeremy has not yet fulfilled. He's not crazy about picnics like I am.

    ReplyDelete