About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Such a beautiful day! We have just returned from the 4H fair where the two younger kids, Gideon and Rebecca, turned in their Photography projects. We stayed for part of the judging...I imagine it is almost STILL going on! 1/4 of the kids in 4H in our county participate in the Photography project!
Good results for both of them! They each got a blue ribbon on their poster of their 10 best photos! Rebecca got at least a blue ribbon on her "creative/experimental picture of our little granddaughter. We will find out later what she actually was awarded. I was really relieved to have both kids get the same placing! It makes it easier for everyone to get along better...less competition!
Both of Gideon's other projects are turned in and 5 of Rebecca's are turned in. The rest will be turned in by Thursday and the fair actually opens on Friday. I'm going to do my best to see if I can get off work a little early on Friday to go with the family to the fair to see what they really got on their exhibits! Pretty exciting stuff!
I finally finished up the boutineers (19!!) and the corsages (5) as well as the flower girls headpieces and baskets for my son's wedding.
I suddenly can't believe that my little boy...my precious little baby boy...is actually getting married. No, I'm not sad...I'm thrilled to know for certain that he has found the love of his life.
It's just that he's grown. He has been my joy...as have all my kids...but sometimes...and there were many...he has just brought me joy when I was so incredibly sad. My father used to call him "Daniel Joy." NO, I didn't name him "joy"...his middle name is Jordan but he has just been so full of life and fun that he filled our hearts with joy.
So now he is grown, almost married, a home owner and a police officer.
Where did all the time go? I know that I haven't gotten any older, so how could he have? Ha!
I'm certainly gaining a wonderful daughter whom I love with all my heart. We all do. She is so precious to all of us. I thank God for her and I can't wait to be her other "mama" for real. I'll give them some time, of course, but I am pretty sure that they are going to be great parents some time! I ask for God's blessings on their home and their family!
Well...we have just time for one more practice for Becca's biscuits. She's going to work on that now. She will have to get up very early in the morning to make her "good" batch and then it's off again to the fair to turn them in as well as her Child Development project. Her biscuit recipe is wonderful and I will have to post a recipe here soon...hopefully pictures as well...if I can figure out how to put the pictures in my post! I'm not very computer literate!!
Blessings to you all, my new friends...and my old! Have a lovely day!
Beth

1 comment:

  1. Becca can make a practice batch at my house! I'll volunteer my kitchen as long as I get to help judge the batch. :-)

    ReplyDelete