About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I'm a mother of five of my own children, very blessed adoptive mommy to one, step mother to three! Married to a wonderful man who forgives ALOT! Grammy to 6!I also have the best "kids in law" that I could have! I am blessed to be able to baby sit for our grandchildren a few days a week. I am blessed to be able to NOW stay home full time to take care of our home, children, and grandchildren!!

Monday, June 1, 2009

God's Goodness

I just finished the first day of training for a new job that I have recently accepted. Truth be told, I have been very very content to stay at home! I am very much a homebody and I love doing all the homemaking things! I love it that my husband can call home and know that I'm there.

However, this job just kind of fell into my lap and we decided that it was something that we needed to investigate since we have been praying about our health insurance situation. We do have health insurance but it is incredibly expensive and just doesn't cover much at all.

This new job will require me to only work 2 days a week (Friday and Saturday), still enable me to homeschool my daughters with me being home with them 4 school days a week. My girls go to their dad's house every Friday and Saturday anyway. I am still able to be blessed by helping my step daughter and her hubby by taking care of their little girl (my ANGEL!) a few hours those 4 weekdays that I will be home! She doesn't need anyone to sit for her on Fridays as their schedule allows them to each have her part of the day! It will also be very good for my husband to spend time with his 12 year old son one on one every Saturday. (since my husband is a former widower, his son lives with us but has to share his Dad with everyone else in our house all week long...) I will be able to provide insurance for our family which will add about $9000 back into my husband's paycheck!! I will be actually providing as much if not more to our family working two days a week than if I was still working fulltime!!! GOD IS AMAZING!!!!!

Why does it surprise me when God shows Himself to me in such an incredible way? We have been praying and worrying (I know...be anxious for nothing...) over the situation when God brought us a way to still give me the desires of my heart...to homeschool, stay home and tend our house and children and grandbaby yet somehow help my husband pay for the insurance. I have been struggling with thinking about going back to work fulltime, taking in daycare children (hasn't worked out well...), or cleaning houses, yet still be obedient doing what I believe God wants for us. I just couldn't figure it all out in my own power. Hmmm...imagine that....

IT SEEMS THAT GOD NEVER ANSWERS MY PRAYERS THE WAY I THINK HE WILL!! This is much much better!

As it all happened, one day a friend told me about "pet sitting" and I thought, "That would be a great way to bring in some extra money..." I have helped people out with watching their home and pets so I thought, "THIS must be what God has planned for me..." THEN, the friend went on to talk about her other job...tending special needs adults and children. She told me about the benefits (WHICH ARE GREAT!!) and I decided to look into it. Within a day of my filling out the application, I had an interview. The days they had open to work were perfect! I still could have EVERY Sunday off...since I said I was not able to work on that day. Soon I was offered the job! Before that week, I wasn't really looking for a job and I had never considered doing that kind of work. In fact, I didn't even know that I was qualified!

I will be working for a faith based organization. At my first training day today I was delighted at how often God was mentioned. My new job will be working for one of the largest and best hospitals in this area but I will be working in the individuals' home tending to their needs, cleaning and cooking for them, and just being their friend! What does God ask of the women in the Bible to do? Be keepers of the home...my home and now these dear souls who I can help... AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! It seems like God just saw our need and put together the perfect situation in answer to our prayers.

There are many other things that are just perfect in this job but they're only important to me...God had known the desires of my heart!

When my husband and I started dating, I had a little framed verse hanging above my stove. It read, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart."

Thank you Lord for answering our prayer even as we were praying about it. It never ceases to amaze me how my God answers prayers in the most unusual way!

No comments:

Post a Comment